I went to the job interview. I probably should have prepped more. I kind of think that if I am more authentic then I will find the job that I am suited for more than just get a job. I think that may be pretty stupid now that I am writing it. I of course read the job description a couple of times. I had my transcripts, recommendations, and extra resumes in my purse. I am just thinking about this now but I wish I had kept the letters of recommendation that people have written for me over the years. Maybe I could just ask my people to write me letters so that they don't have to be bothered every time I get a job rejection. I feel bad applying for job after job mostly because I don't want my friends to be bothered anymore. Most of my previous employers are retired of have moved on...impossible to track down. Part of the problem with being a stay at home mom is that you loose touch with everyone and then all your friends are actually your kids friends' parents. Everyone moves on but I can't ask my daughter's friends parents to be recommend me.
Anyway, I am rambling. I think the interview went well. My two interviewers smiled at each other as I left. I took that to mean, 'isn't this hilarious interviewing these morons is going to be so funny' or 'I am so excited about this one she is perfect'. I"ll find out in a couple weeks which one it was and I'll let you know. I actually really want this job. I have a slight bit of dread as my daughter seems to be going through a hard time right now. I hope I can still have the sharpness and energy to help her transition into kindergarten and keep a part-time potentially full time job and do both well.
No comments:
Post a Comment